Henrique Vicente

Monday, October 17, 2005

Conserve gravity

Today I turned on my computer and, before logging in my account, I noticed that, neither the Internet, nor the sound, were working fine. So, I rebooted it trying to "restore" my [nice but] poor sound card...

After all, I launched KDE and opened the Konsole to rebuild the ADSL configuration... As usually, I'm given a UNIX fortune cookie. Here is the one I've got this time:

Top scientists agree that with the present rate of consumption, the
earth's supply of gravity will be exhausted before the 24th century.
As man struggles to discover cheaper alternatives, we need your help.
Please...

CONSERVE GRAVITY

Follow these simple suggestions:

(1) Walk with a light step. Carry helium balloons if possible.
(2) Use tape, magnets, or glue instead of paperweights.
(3) Give up skiing and skydiving for more horizontal sports like
curling.
(4) Avoid showers .. take baths instead.
(5) Don't hang all your clothes in the closet ... Keep them in one big
pile.
(6) Stop flipping pancakes


If you're a lucky UNIX or Unix-like system user try typing "fortune" in your shell. *

More about UNIX fortune cookies in Wikipedia.

PS: Linux, the kernel os I use, is a Unix-like system.

* I don't think it exists in Apple computers.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home